The programme aims to produce graduates who can:
- Apply key electronic engineering concepts and design skills in the modern engineering environment.
- Innovate and be creative in the design of new electronic products, devices or components.
- Conduct experimental work and generate appropriate data to evaluate concepts and deepen understanding.
- Draw upon a broad knowledge of engineering business practice and integrate design in a business context.
- Demonstrate an understanding and apply the competencies required to create and operate a business.
It is anticipated that students graduating from this programme will be able to take up a range of engineering roles and make immediate and valuable contributions to engineering businesses.
The modules will be assessed either by coursework, examinations or a combination of both appropriate to the module objectives.
As a graduate from this course, you will probably be looking for managerial roles in the design and industrial engineering industry. Alternatively, you may choose to use your project management skills in the technology industry or build on the entrepreneurial part of the course to set up your own business.
- Project Management & Professional Development
- Microcontrollers in Embedded Systems
- Electronic Systems Design
- Principles of Wireless Mobile Networks
- Design Engineering Project
Applicants must be of age 18 and above and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Relevant diploma from polytechnics in Singapore
- HND in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Recognised equivalent
- Minimum C6 pass in English Language (EL1) at GCE ‘O’ Level or equivalent;
- Applicants who do not meet the English requirements are required to pass the following:
- Achieve a minimum of 79 points in the TOEFLiBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test); including the following minimum scores in the component skills tests: Reading – 18, Writing – 17, Listening – 17, Speaking – 20; OR
- A British Council International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking of 5.5; OR
- Pearson Academic score of 54 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking of 51; OR
- Minimum 50% in MDIS Professional Certificate in English (PCIE)
- Sit and pass the English Entrance Test conducted by MDIS with a minimum score of 50%
- Recognised equivalent