- B.A. in Chemistry, Chemistry Concentration
- B.A. in Chemistry, Teaching Concentration
- B.A. in Chemistry, Pre-Professional Concentrations (Pre-Pharmacy/Pre-Dental/Pre-Optometry/Pre-Pathology Assistant/Pre-Medical)
- Minor in Chemistry
- Minor in Chemistry (Teaching)
Who Would be Interested in a B.A. Chemistry?
If you are considering the careers below consider a B.A. in chemistry:
- Healthcare professions, such as a physician, optometrist, pharmacist, or dentist.
- Laboratory work, such as in an environmental testing facility, consumer or pharmaceutical product development, or chemical technician in a research lab.
- Teaching chemistry at the high school level.
- Communicating science to a broad public, such as through print media, the internet or videos.
- Science consulting in many areas, such as nutrition, environmental issues, law, uses of technology, or education.
Why a B.A. Chemistry?
- Jobs! Jobs! Jobs! Chemistry majors have one of the lowest rates of unemployment.
- A chance to work closely with faculty.
- Courses taught in the New Science Building with modern, well-equipped facilities.
- Our graduates' high success rate in many areas.
- Development of critical thinking skills needed in the marketplace.
- Ability to combine the B.A. Chemistry with the M.S. Chemistry in just one extra year.
- Chemistry graduate degree holders enjoy a 2.4% rate of unemployment.
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
- Students may select any of the B.A. Chemistry options upon applying to the university.
- Students who have a good high school background in math are prepared to do well in this program.
- An interest in science and learning are critical to success in this program.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
- Quality Control Chemist, at Coldstream Laboratories, in Lexington, KY
- Chemistry Teacher, Madison Central High School, in Richmond, KY
- Pharmacist at Kroger, Nationwide
- Practicing medicine in Appalachia
Are There Scholarship Opportunities?
- American Chemical Society (ACS) Scholarships
- National Science Foundation's Robert Noyce Scholarship
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
อัพเดทล่าสุดวันที่ February 15, 2018