- B.M. in Music Education
- B.M. in Performance
- B.M. in Music Industry
- B.M. in Theory and Composition
- Minor in Music
Who Would be Interested in Music?
Students who are interested in performing, composing, teaching, producing or promoting music as a career.
- The Department of Music provides aspiring students with the training and education they need to succeed as professionals in the field of music.
- E.K.U. music students have the opportunity to study with a dedicated faculty of performing musicians and scholars.
- Main campus facilities include an excellent music technology lab with 24 iMac computer stations, recording and studio engineering software and equipment, a keyboard lab, an extensive music library, three concert halls, and numerous practice rooms.
- The Department of Music presents over 100 concerts annually, including faculty concerts and recitals, ensemble performances, master classes, and performances and clinics by guest artists.
- Music majors are welcome in campus organizations like the national music fraternity Delta Omicron; the Music Industry Organization, which helps E.K.U. students gain experience in various fields of the music industry; the Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity for men; and the Sigma Alpha Iota Fraternity for women.
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
The Department of Music requires that all students seeking admission into the Music Major Program complete an audition and a theory placement interview. The student is expected to demonstrate acceptable levels of achievement in performance in terms of intonation, tone quality and rhythmic accuracy. Incoming students will be expected to perform two selections of contrasting styles. Students may be accepted on probationary status at the discretion of the applied teacher and the department chair.
อัพเดทล่าสุดวันที่ February 12, 2018